Locate center of stud with more confidence and functionality than ever before. The RYOBI Phone Works mobile app and Stud Finder device use your smartphone’s technology to transform your phone into a smart stud finder. The stud-scanning device attaches to your phone’s audio port and sends an image to your phone screen to let you locate studs behind drywall up to 3/4” thick. The free mobile app displays the image and notifies you when center stud is reached within 1/8”. Simply press the one-handed, no-mess marker on the device to discretely note the spot you need. Enjoy more functional, accurate stud-finding from your smartphone with the RYOBI Phone Works Stud Finder device and mobile app. RYOBI Phone Works – Transform your phone into your smartest tool. -- Apple is not endorsing or sponsoring this product. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. The Android App on Google Play logo and Google Play are trademarks of Google, Inc.
- Uses smartphone controlled calibration to locate studs under drywall up to 3/4” thick
- Accurately calculates center stud within 1/8”
- Features a built-in, one-handed stud marker for no-mess stud marking
- Shows live tracking of stud location from your smartphone screen
- App available on the App Store and Google play
- Optimized for iPhone (OS 6.0 or later) and most Android phones (version 4.0 or later)
- ¾” max drywall thickness
- Wood/metal stud type
- Center stud location alert
- Stud marker
- Phone Dependent Screen Resolution
- (1) ES5500 Stud Finder
- (1) AAA Battery
Phone Works™ Stud Finder
Phone Works™ Stud Finder is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 2 out of 5 by JJCopax from Love the idea, but needs work. Bought this and was excited about the idea. Stud finders are notorious for not lasting. This really didn't work well for me. I used it on an Iphone 6. I was doing a commercial job with 5/8" sheetrock, steel studs, and insulation. If a stud finder isn't going to work well, that's where it will happen, but it advertises it will work in those conditions. I returned it the next day. I'll wait for next generation to come out and give it another go. In general love Ryobi and their products.
Date published: 2018-06-04