- Cutting Width: 17 in. cutting swath
- String Diameter: .095 in. dual line
- Weight: 2.8 lbs.
- Line Advancement: Bump Feed
- Attachment Coupler: universal attachment coupler
Curved Shaft Trimmer Attachment
Model: #RY15525 | Home Depot Sku #: 852444Buy at The Home Depot
The RYOBI Curved Shaft Trimmer Expand-It™Universal Attachment is perfect for trimming around mailboxes, along walkways, and the curved shaft is ideal for lighter handling. The RYOBI Curved Shaft attachment, backed by a RYOBI 3 year warranty, quickly connects to any of the RYOBI power heads to keep your yard in the best shape all season long. Save time, save money, save space.
17 in. cutting width with .080 in. dual line
Universal Brand Fit
Curved shaft for lighter handling
Includes bump-feed string head
Requires no tools or adaptors
*Powerhead sold separately*
- Expand-It™ Curved Shaft Trimmer Attachment
- Curved Shaft Grass Deflector
- Attachment Securing Cap
- Operator’s Manual
How do I advance the line on my REEL-EASY™ String Head?
Line advance is controlled by tapping the string trimmer head on grass while running engine at full throttle
- Run the engine at full throttle
- Tap the knob on ground to advance line. The line advances each time the knob is tapped. Do not hold the knob on the ground
NOTE: The line trimming cut-off blade on the grass deflector will cut the line to the correct length
NOTE: If the line is worn too short, you may not be able to advance the string by tapping it on the ground. If so, stop the engine and manually advance the line.
How do I install my attachment to my RYOBI Power Head?
- Stop the engine and disconnect the spark plug (if using a RYOBI Gas Power Head); remove the battery (if using the RYOBI 40V Power Head).
- Loosen the knob on the coupler of the power head shaft and remove the end cap from the attachment (black rubber piece with loop hole for hanging).
- Push in the silver button located on the attachment shaft. Align the button with the guide recess on the Power Head coupler and slide the two shafts together. Rotate the attachment shaft until the button locks into the positioning hole.
NOTE: If the button does not release completely in the positioning hole, the shafts are not locked into place. Slightly rotate from side to side until the button is locked into place.
- Tighten the knob securely.
How do I manually advance the line on my REEL-EASY™ String Head?
- Stop the engine and disconnect the spark plug wire to ensure you will not be harmed
- Push the knob in while pulling on line(s) to manually advance the line
How do I remove the attachment from my RYOBI Power Head?
- Stop the engine and disconnect the spark plug (if a gas unit), remove the battery (if using RYOBI 40V Power Head)
- Loosen the knob at the connection point
- Push in the button and twist the shafts to remove and separate the Power Head from the Attachment
How do I replace the line on my REEL-EASY™ String Head?
- Stop the engine and disconnect the spark plug wire to ensure you will be safe while replacing the line.
- Rotate the spool clockwise as necessary to align the arrows on the spool.
- Cut one piece of trimmer line at approx. 20ft. in length. Insert the line in the eyelet on the string trimmer housing. Push until the end of the line comes out the opposite side of the string head. Pull the line from the other side until equal amounts of line are on both sides of the spool.
- Rotate the spool clockwise to wind the line on the spool until approx. 6 in. of line is showing on each side.
- Push the spool retainer down while pulling on line(s) to manually advance line and to check for proper assembly of the on the string head.
What is the best way to cut weeds and grass using my string trimmer?
- Keep your string trimmer tilted toward the area being cut
- Pass the unit from left to right (if using a curved shaft string trimmer) and from right to left (if using a straight shaft string trimmer). By following these directional cutting paths, you will avoid having debris and grass clippings from being directed back at yourself.
- Use the top of the line to do the cutting. Do not force the string head into uncut grass; this could cause the trimmer to bog down.
- Avoid trees, shrubs wire and picket fences.
Click the link below to access outdoor products replacement parts schematics and order parts online.
For those customers that prefer ordering by phone, simply contact the Ryobi master parts distributor at toll free 1-877-545-4110, and place your order over the phone.Visit Ryobi Outdoor Parts Store