- Battery: 18V Li-ion High Capacity Battery
- Cutting Width Adjustable 10-12 in. cutting width
- Line Advancement: Auto-Feed
- Line: .065 in. line
- Shaft: Rotating Straight Shaft for Trimming & Edging
- Yard Size: Up to 1/3 acre
- Weight: 6.65 lbs.
18V ONE+™ 12 IN. String Trimmer/Edger
Model: #P2060A | Home Depot Sku #: 663831
The RYOBI 18V ONE+ Cordless String Trimmer adds to the versatility and convenience of the ONE+ system. This string trimmer is ideal for yards up to 1/3 acre in size and for those tired of fighting with the extension cords or wondering what the correct mixture of gas and oil is. With a lightweight design and instant starting, this trimmer easily switches from string trimmer to edger with an easy rotate to the shaft. Featuring a 10-12 adjustable cutting width, you can choose to cut a larger path or reserve your battery power for longer run-time. Backed by a RYOBI 3 year warranty you can now maintain your yard with convenience this year using the RYOBI 18V ONE+ String Trimmer/Edger.
All RYOBI 18V ONE+ tools work with all RYOBI 18V ONE+ batteries.
Rotating shaft for comfortable edging
Adjustable 10–12 in. cutting width for larger cutting width or longer run time
Adjustable length for user comfort
18V lithium-ion compact battery and 90 minute charger included
Auto-feed string head with .065 in. single line
- String Trimmer/Edger
- Front Handle
- 18V Li-ion High Capacity Battery
- 18V Li-ion Charger
- Grass Deflector
- Operator’s Manuals
What is the best way to cut weeds and grass using my string trimmer?
- Keep your string trimmer tilted toward the area being cut
- Pass the unit from left to right (if using a curved shaft string trimmer) and from right to left (if using a straight shaft string trimmer). By following these directional cutting paths, you will avoid having debris and grass clippings from being directed back at yourself.
- Use the top of the line to do the cutting. Do not force the string head into uncut grass; this could cause the trimmer to bog down.
- Avoid trees, shrubs wire and picket fences.
How do I attach the grass deflector on my RYOBI Cordless String Trimmer?
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the plastic hardware bag from the grass deflector.
- Fit the grass deflector over the string head.
- Line up the screw holes in the grass deflector with the holes in the motor housing.
- Install supplied screws and tighten by turning clockwise with a phillips screwdriver.
How do I start and stop my RYOBI Cordless String Trimmer?
- Press and hold the lock-out button.
- Depress the switch trigger
- Release the switch trigger to stop the string trimmer.
- Upon release of the switch trigger, the lock-out button will automatically reset to the locked position.
How do I advance the line on my RYOBI Cordless String Trimmer?
NOTE: Your RYOBI Cordless String Trimmer is equipped with an auto-feed head. Bumping the head to try to advance the line will damage the trimmer and void the warranty.
- With the trimmer running, release the switch trigger.
- Wait two seconds, and press the switch trigger again.
NOTE: The line will extend approximately ¼ in. with each stop and start of the switch trigger until the line reaches the length of the cut-off blade.
- Resume trimming.
How do I manually advance the line on my RYOBI Cordless String Trimmer?
- Remove the battery.
- Push the black button located on the string head while pulling on the line to manually advance the line.
How do I replace the spool on my RYOBI Cordless String Trimmer?
NOTE: Use only .065 in. round or .080 in. twisted monofilament line.
- Remove the battery pack.
- Push in tabs on side of spool retainer.
- Pull spool retainer up to remove.
- Remove the old spool.
- To install the new spool, make sure the line is captured in the slot on the new spool. Make sure the end of the line is extended approximately 5 in. beyond the slot.
- Install the new spool so that the line and slot align with the eyelet in the string head. Thread the line into the eyelet.
- Pull the line extending from the string head so the line releases from the slot in the spool. Reinstall the spool retainer by dressing tabs into slots and pushing down until spool retainer clicks into place.
How do I replace the line on my RYOBI Cordless String Trimmer?
- Remove the battery pack.
- Remove the spool from the string head.
- NOTE: Remove any old line remaining on the spool.
- Cut a piece of line approximately 9 ft. long. Use only .065 in. round or .080 in. twisted monofilament line.
- Insert the line into the anchor hole in the upper part of the spool. Wind the line around the supper part of the spool clockwise, as shown by the arrows on the spool. Place line in the slot on upper spool flange, leaving about 6 in. extended beyond the slot. Do not overfill. After winding the line, there should be at least ¼ in. between the wound line and the outside edge of the spool.
- Replace the plastic retainer spool and the spool cap.
How do I store my RYOBI Cordless String Trimmer?
- Remove the battery from the string trimmer before storing.
- Clean all foreign material from the trimmer.
- Store the unit in a place that is inaccessible to children and away from corrosive agents such as garden chemicals and de-icing salts.
What do I do if my RYOBI Cordless String Trimmer won’t start?
Possible Cause—Battery is not secure
- To secure the battery pack, make sure the e battery pack is snapped into place.
Possible Cause—Battery is not charged:
- Charge the battery pack according to the instructions included with your battery.
RYOBI 18V String Trimmer/Edger - Model p2060
18 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery Pack - Model p102
18V Dual Chemistry Battery Charger - Model p118
Click the link below to access outdoor products replacement parts schematics and order parts online.
For those customers that prefer ordering by phone, simply contact the Ryobi master parts distributor at toll free 1-877-545-4110, and place your order over the phone.Visit Ryobi Outdoor Parts Store