NOTICE: Always observe all local regulations when connecting hoses to the water main. Some areas have restrictions against connecting directly to public drinking water supply to prevent the feedback of chemicals into the drinking water supply. Direct connection through a receiver tank or backflow preventer is usually permitted.
NOTE: The water supply must come from a water main. NEVER use hot water or water from pools, lakes, etc.
Before connecting the garden hose to the pressure washer:
- Run water through the hose for 30 seconds to clean any debris from the hose
- Inspect the screen in the water intake
- If the screen is damaged, do not use the machine until the screen has been replaced
- If the screen is dirty, clean it before connecting the garden hose to the machine
To connect the garden hose to the machine:
- Completely uncoil the garden hose or remove completely from reel to prevent kinks
NOTE: There must be a minimum of 10 feet of unrestricted hose between the pressure washer intake and the hose faucet or shut off valve (such as a “Y” shut off connector).
- With the hose faucet turned completely off, attach the end of the garden hose to the water intake. Tighten by hand.
NOTICE: Do not run the pressure washer pump without water supply connected and turned on, as this may damage the high pressure seals and decrease pump life. Completely unwind the hose from its reel or coil and make sure the hose is not being restricted by objects that may lessen or prevent water flow to the pressure washer