2 Cycle Full Crank Power Head
Model: #RY251PH | Home Depot Sku #: 1001059466
Introducing the Ryobi 2-Cycle Gas Power Head with a full crank engine for 2X longer life and a Zip Start carburetor for easier starting. This power head accepts Ryobi Expand-It Universal Brand Fit attachments adding versatility to your unit. Simply attach an edger, a blower, or even a hedge trimmer to the power head and quickly move from project to project. Save time, save space, and save money with the Ryobi Expand-It System. Backed by a 3 year warranty, trust the Ryobi 2-Cycle Gas Power Head for any of your outdoor projects.
Full crank engine for 2x longer life
Zip start carburetor for easier starting
Attachment capable: accepts universal brand fit attachments
*Attachments Sold Seperately
- Power Head
- 2 Cycle Ethanol Shield Oil
What is the best way to cut weeds and grass using my string trimmer?
- Keep your string trimmer tilted toward the area being cut
- Pass the unit from left to right (if using a curved shaft string trimmer) and from right to left (if using a straight shaft string trimmer). By following these directional cutting paths, you will avoid having debris and grass clippings from being directed back at yourself.
- Use the top of the line to do the cutting. Do not force the string head into uncut grass; this could cause the trimmer to bog down.
- Avoid trees, shrubs wire and picket fences.
How should I store my 2 Cycle Gas String Trimmer?
- Clean all foreign material from the product. Store idle unit in a garage or shed in a dry, well-ventilated area that is inaccessible to children. Keep away from corrosive agents such as garden chemicals and de-icing salts. Abide by all local regulations for the safe store and handling of gasoline
When storing 1 month or longer:
- Drain all fuel from string trimmer tank into a container approved for gasoline. Run engine until it stops
What is the correct fuel mixture to use with my 2 cycle engine RYOBI Outdoor Product?
Your 2-cycle engine requires pre-mixing gasoline and 2-cycle lubricant. Pre-mix unleaded gasoline and 2-cycle engine lubricant in a clean gas container. DO NOT mix quantities larger than usable in a 30-day period. Do not use automotive lubricant or 2-cycle outboard lubricant. We recommend using a RYOBI/Homelite premium 2-cycle oil or a PowerCare 2-cycle oil.
Filling your tank:
- Clean surface around fuel cap to prevent contamination
- Loosen fuel cap slowly. Rest the cap on a clean surface.
- Carefully pour fuel into the tank. Avoid spillage.
- Prior to replacing the fuel cap, clean around the gasket.
- Immediately replace fuel cap and hand tighten. Wipe up any fuel spillage
Note: it is normal for smoke to be emitted from a new engine after fist use.
How do I start my RYOBI 2 Cycle String Trimmer?
To start a cold engine:
- Slowly press the primer bulb 10 times.
- Set the choke lever to the START (A) position.
- Squeeze the throttle trigger fully and pull the starter handle until the engine runs. Do not pull the start grim more than six (6) times.
NOTE: Keep the throttle trigger squeezed fully through remaining steps. If the engine does not start, start over at the first step with pressing the primer bulb.
- Allow the engine to run for 10 second, then set the choke lever to the RUN (B) position.
To start a warm engine:
Slowly press the primer bulb 10 times.
Set the choke lever to the RUN (B) position.
Squeeze the throttle trigger fully and pull the starter handle until the engine runs.
How do I stop my RYOBI Gas String Trimmer?
To stop the engine, depress the STOP switch to the stop position
How do I remove the attachment from my RYOBI Power Head?
- Stop the engine and disconnect the spark plug (if a gas unit), remove the battery (if using RYOBI 40V Power Head)
- Loosen the knob at the connection point
- Push in the button and twist the shafts to remove and separate the Power Head from the Attachment
How do I install my attachment to my RYOBI Power Head?
- Stop the engine and disconnect the spark plug (if using a RYOBI Gas Power Head); remove the battery (if using the RYOBI 40V Power Head).
- Loosen the knob on the coupler of the power head shaft and remove the end cap from the attachment (black rubber piece with loop hole for hanging).
- Push in the silver button located on the attachment shaft. Align the button with the guide recess on the Power Head coupler and slide the two shafts together. Rotate the attachment shaft until the button locks into the positioning hole.
NOTE: If the button does not release completely in the positioning hole, the shafts are not locked into place. Slightly rotate from side to side until the button is locked into place.
- Tighten the knob securely.
Click the link below to access outdoor products replacement parts schematics and order parts online.
For those customers that prefer ordering by phone, simply contact the RYOBI master parts distributor at toll free 1-877-634-5704, and place your order over the phone.Visit Ryobi Lawn & Garden Parts Store