- Motor: 24V Lithium-ion Battery
- Trigger: Variable Speed Trigger
- Blade Length: 9 inches
- Blade: Double-sided serrated blade
- Blade Depth: Variable; 4-position depth control
- Yard Size: Up to 2/3 acre
- Weight: 7.5 lbs.
24V Cordless Edger
Model: #RY24310Buy at The Home Depot
The RYOBI 24V Cordless Edger is designed to make edging easy while helping you get more out of your lawn care budget. With an adjustable depth lever, you’re able to pick the right edging depth for any job, and the reversible serrated blade provides longer life, and clean cuts. The RYOBI 24V Li-ion battery works with any of the RYOBI 24V tools, all backed by a RYOBI 3 year warranty.
24V Lithium-ion Battery for Advanced Run Time
9 in. serrated blade for clean cuts
4-position depth adjustment for cutting control
24V lithium-ion compact battery and 45 min. charger included
- Edger Attachment
- 24V Power Head
- 24V Li-ion Battery
- 24V Charger
- Holding Pin
- Operator’s Manual
How do I adjust the blade of my edger?
- Stop the engine and remove the spark plug wire
- Loosen the adjusting knob and move the wheel arm up to increase the depth or down to decrease the depth
- After adjustment is complete, tighten the adjusting knob securely
- Replace the spark plug wire and start the unit
NOTE: Adjust the blade depth from 1/2 in. to 1 in. deep initially. Make a shallow cut to test the cutting depth. If the cutting depth needs adjusting, this should be
How do I start and stop my edger?
To start an engine that is cold or has run dry:
- Fill the fuel tank, if necessary. Always use the proper gasoline
- Place the engine switch in the ON ( | ) position
NOTE: Do not engage the throttle trigger during the starting process
- Slowly push the primer bulb ten times and then set the start lever to the START position
- Stand behind the edger and place your left hand on the handlebar
- Using your right hand, pull the starter grip and rope until the engine runs
NOTE: Return the starter grip and rope gently to the eyelet. Do not allow the cord to snap back.
- Set the Start lever back to the RUN position.
NOTE: If the engine dies, leave the start lever in the RUN position and pull the starter grip and rope until the engine starts.
- Engage the throttle lever to operate.
To start a warm engine:
- Move the start lever to the START position and then im¬mediately back to the RUN position
NOTE: This will set the carburetor to a fast idle setting for easier starting
- Pull the starter grip and rope until the engine starts
To stop the engine:
- Release the throttle lever
- Move the engine switch to the OFF ( O ) position
How do I adjust the depth of cut on the edger?
- Remove the battery pack and then loosen the depth adjusting lever
- Move the wheel arm up to increase the depth or down to decrease the depth
- Make sure the lever locks into one of four positions.
- Then replace the battery pack.
NOTE: Adjust the blade depth from 1/2 in. to 1 in. deep initially. Make a shallow cut to test the cutting depth. If the cutting depth needs adjusting, this should be desired progressively until the desired depth is reached
How do I replace my blade on my edger?
- Replace blade when its worn down to indicator hole on blade is worn unevenly
WARNING: Wear gloves during blade replacement. The blade is sharp and may cut you
- Stop the engine and remove the spark plug wire
- Using a 5/16 in. hex wrench to hold blade shaft, use a24 mm socket wrench to turn the blade nut counterclockwise and remove
- Remove the old blade from the edger shaft
- Clean debris from the edger shaft assembly and slide new blade onto edger shaft
- Install the blade nut onto the edger shaft
- Using a 5/16 in. hex wrench to hold blade shaft, thread blade nut, clockwise, on blade shaft with 24 mm socket wrench and tighten securely
How do I Replace the blade on the edger?
- Replace blades when worn down to indicator hole on blade
- Remove the battery pack and wear gloves when handling blade
- Align the slot in the flange washer with the slot in the gear case ring; place the holding pin through both slots to secure in place
- Using the wrench (included), turn the blade nut counterclockwise to loosen
- Remove the old blade from the motor shaft and clean debris from the edger shaft, flange washer and cupped washer
- Center the new blade on the flange washer, making sure the blade sits flat
- Properly install the cupped washer with the raised center area with the hole not touching the blade and the outer ring of the cupped washer touching the blade
- Install the blade nut onto the motor shaft and reinsert the holding pin into the slots as described above
- Using a wrench, turn the blade nut clockwise onto the edger shaft and tighten securely
WARNING: Always make sure the blade is correctly installed and securely fastened before each use. Failure to properly install the blade may result in serious personal injury.
How do I stop the edger?
- Release the switch trigger to stop the edger
- Upon release of the switch trigger, the lock-out will automatically reset to the locked position
How do I store the edger?
- Remove the battery pack from the power head before storing
- Clean all foreign material from the edger
NOTE: Store it in a place that is inaccessible to children and keep it away from corrosive agents such as garden chemicals and de-icing salts
How to start the edger?
- Press and hold the lock-out and then depress the switch trigger.
Click the link below to access outdoor products replacement parts schematics and order parts online.
For those customers that prefer ordering by phone, simply contact the Ryobi master parts distributor at toll free 1-877-545-4110, and place your order over the phone.Visit Ryobi Outdoor Parts Store