- Engine Type: 4 Cycle/Stroke Low Emission Engine
- Trigger: Variable Speed Throttle
- Attachment Coupler: universal attachment coupler
- Weight: 9.1 lb.
4 Cycle Replacement Power Head
Model: #RY34005 | Home Depot Sku #: 852411Buy at The Home Depot
The RYOBI 4 Cycle Replacement Power Head is the power source that delivers power & performance without the hassle of mixing gas and oil. The replacement power head is the perfect way to step up to 4 cycle power from your current 2 cycle or to replace the older unit you currently have. This low emission engine gives you reliable power for any of the Expand-It universal attachments; all backed by a RYOBI 3 year warranty. Quickly click the attachment into place and go. Whether you are trimming around your walkway, cultivating your garden bed, or keeping your hedges manicured, the 4 Cycle Replacement Power Head is the power source to get tackle any task.
No Mixing of Gas and Oil
Powerful 4 Cycle low emission engine
- Power Head
- Ergonomic Front Handle
- 4 Stroke Engine Lubricant
- Operator’s Manual
How do I add engine lubricant to my RYOBI 4 Cycle Unit?
NOTE: Check lubricant level before each use. For best performance, engine lubricant should be changed after every 25 hours of operation.
- Unscrew the oil cap/dipstick and remove from your unit.
- Using a funnel (one was provided), add engine lubricant through oil fill hole; fill.
- Reinstall the oil cap/dipstick and secure.
How do I attach the front handle to my RYOBI Gas String Trimmer?
- Remove the wing nut, washer, and bolt from the front handle.
- Install the front handle onto the top side of the drive shaft housing in the area indicated by the label.
NOTE: The open side of the handle should face the user
- Place the bolt through the front handle
NOTE: the hex bolt head fits inside the hex recess molded into one side of the handle.
- Reinstall the washer and wing nut.
- Tighten wing nut securely.
How do I check my engine lubricant level on my RYOBI 4 Cycle unit?
- Ensure your unit has been turned off.
- Unscrew the oil cap/dipstick and remove.
- Wipe dipstick clean, re-seat in hole and rethread.
- Remove dipstick again and check the lubricant level. Lubricant level should fall within the hatched area on the dipstick.
- If level is low, add engine lubricant until the fluid level rises to the upper portion of the hatched area on the dipstick.
- Replace and secure the oil cap/dipstick.
How do I clean the air filter on my RYOBI 4 Cycle String Trimmer?
NOTE: For proper performance and long life, keep air filter screen clean.
- Remove the air filter cover. To remove, push on the latch at the bottom of the cover and gently pull the cover up.
- Remove the air filter.
- Clean the foam filter element with warm soapy water. Rinse and let dry.
NOTE: if the foam filter element is damaged, it should be replaced.
- Apply a light coat of engine oil to the foam filter element, then squeeze it out.
- Reinstall the air filter.
NOTE: Make sure the filter is seated properly inside the cover. Installing the filter incorrectly will allow dirt to enter the engine, causing rapid engine wear.
- Replace the air filter cover by placing the slots on the air filter cover of the tabs on the housing, then push the cover down until it latches securely in place.
How do I install my attachment to my RYOBI Power Head?
- Stop the engine and disconnect the spark plug (if using a RYOBI Gas Power Head); remove the battery (if using the RYOBI 40V Power Head).
- Loosen the knob on the coupler of the power head shaft and remove the end cap from the attachment (black rubber piece with loop hole for hanging).
- Push in the silver button located on the attachment shaft. Align the button with the guide recess on the Power Head coupler and slide the two shafts together. Rotate the attachment shaft until the button locks into the positioning hole.
NOTE: If the button does not release completely in the positioning hole, the shafts are not locked into place. Slightly rotate from side to side until the button is locked into place.
- Tighten the knob securely.
How do I remove the attachment from my RYOBI Power Head?
- Stop the engine and disconnect the spark plug (if a gas unit), remove the battery (if using RYOBI 40V Power Head)
- Loosen the knob at the connection point
- Push in the button and twist the shafts to remove and separate the Power Head from the Attachment
How do I start my RYOBI 4 Cycle String Trimmer?
To start a cold engine:
- Slowly press the primer bulb 10 times.
NOTE: After the 7th press, fuel should be visible in the primer bulb. If it is not, continue to press the primer until you see fule in the bulb.
- Set the choke lever to FULL CHOKE position.
NOTE: Do not squeeze the throttle trigger.
- Pull the starter grip until the engine runs.
NOTE: If engine has not started after 3 pulls and:
- Outside temperature is 60 F or lower, leave the choke to the FULL CHOKE position and continue to pull the starter grip until the engine runs.
- Outside temperature is above 60 F, move the choke to the HALF CHOKE position and continue to pull the starter grip until the engine runs.
- Allow the engine to run for 10 seconds, then set the choke lever to the RUN position.
To start a warm engine:
- Slowly press the primer bulb 10 times.
- Set the choke lever to the RUN position.
- Pull the starter grip until the engine runs. Do not squeeze the throttle trigger.
How do I stop my RYOBI Gas String Trimmer?
To stop the engine, depress the STOP switch to the stop position
How do I store my 4 Cycle String Trimmer?
- Clean all foreign material from the product. Store idle unit indoors in a dry, well-ventilated area that is inaccessible to children. Keep away from corrosive agents such as garden chemicals and de-icing salts.
- When storing the product vertically, do so with the engine up to avoid hydraulically locking the engine due to oil entering the combustion chamber.
When storing 1 month or longer:
- Drain all fuel from tank into a container approved for gasoline. Run engine until it stops.
30cc 4-Cycle Power Head - Model RY34005
Click the link below to access outdoor products replacement parts schematics and order parts online.
For those customers that prefer ordering by phone, simply contact the Ryobi master parts distributor at toll free 1-877-545-4110, and place your order over the phone.Visit Ryobi Outdoor Parts Store