- Engine: 187cc Honda GCV190 4 Stroke Engine
- PSI: 3100
- GMP: 2.5
- Pump: Axial Cam
- Hose Length: 25’
- Maximum Inlet Water Temperature: 104 °
- Weight: 65 lbs.
3100 PSI Pressure Washer
Model: #RY80940B | Home Depot Sku #: 882851Buy at The Home Depot
The RYOBI 3100 PSI Pressure Washer is engineered to handle even your toughest jobs. With a powerful HONDA™ 187 cc gasoline engine, this RYOBI Pressure Washer delivers 3100 PSI of force for quick cleaning of driveways, decks, windows and other areas around the house. Featuring a durable and compact roll-cage frame design this pressure washer is designed for easy transport. The engine is equipped with IdleDown Technology which decreases fuel consumption, reduces noise and increases the overall life of the engine and pump. The On-Board Detergent Tank offers hassle-free cleaning by eliminating the need to drag a bucket and hose behind you. For added convenience, the RYOBI 3100 PSI Pressure Washer is equipped with a 5-in-1 Quick-Connect Nozzle. The RYOBI 3100 PSI Gas Pressure Washer is backed with the RYOBI 3 Year Limited Warranty and is guaranteed to deliver results for years to come.
RYOBI 3100 PSI Pressure Washer
3100 PSI; 2.5 GPM
Powerful HONDA™ GCV190 (187cc) OHC Engine
Idle Down Technology for Fuel Savings, Reduced Noise and Longer Engine Life
Sturdy Aluminum Pump for Longer Life
On-board Detergant Tank for Hassle-Free Cleaning
Includes 5-in-1 Quick-Connect Nozzle
RYOBI 3 Year Limited Warranty
- Pressure Washer
- 25 ft. High Pressure Hose
- Trigger Handle Holder
- Spray Wand
- 5-in-1 Change-Over Nozzle
- 4 Cycle Engine Lubricant (SAE 30 or SAE10w30)
How do I add engine lubricant to my RYOBI 4 Cycle Unit?
NOTE: Check lubricant level before each use. For best performance, engine lubricant should be changed after every 25 hours of operation.
- Unscrew the oil cap/dipstick and remove from your unit.
- Using a funnel (one was provided), add engine lubricant through oil fill hole; fill.
- Reinstall the oil cap/dipstick and secure.
How do I check my engine lubricant level on my RYOBI 4 Cycle unit?
- Ensure your unit has been turned off.
- Unscrew the oil cap/dipstick and remove.
- Wipe dipstick clean and re-seat in hole; do not rethread.
- Remove dipstick again and check the lubricant level. Lubricant level should fall within the hatched area on the dipstick.
- If level is low, add engine lubricant until the fluid level rises to the upper portion of the hatched area on the dipstick.
- Replace and secure the oil cap/dipstick.
How do I start my pressure washer? (RY80940)
NOTICE: Do not run the pressure washer pump without a water supply connected and turned on. Also, make sure the hose is completely unwind and is not being restricted by tires, rocks, or any other objects that prevent water flow to the pressure washer.
Before starting the engine:
- Connect all hoses.
- Check all fluids (lubricant and gas).
- Turn on the garden hose then squeeze the trigger to relieve air pressure
- Hold the trigger until a steady stream of water appears
NOTE: Make sure the faucet is turned on fully and that there are no kinks or leaks in the hose
To start the engine:
- Turn the fuel valve to the ON position
- Pull choke out to the START position
NOTE: If restarting after a brief stop leave the choke lever in the RUN position
- Put the on/off switch in the ON position
- Grasp the starter grip and rope and pull slowly until resistance is felt
- Give the starter grip and rope a short, brisk pull to start the engine
NOTE: Make sure the starter grip and rope are returned gently to its original place once the pressure washer is started
How do I turn off my pressure washer? (RY80940)
To stop the engine:
- Put the on/off switch in the OFF position.
- Turn the fuel valve to the OFF position.
- Shut off the water supply and pull trigger to release water pressure
How do I properly store my Pressure washer? (RY80940)
NOTE: Using the fuel stabilizer and pump protector regularly will give you better performance of the unit and increase the life of the pump. See the Replacement Parts List for available sizes and part numbers of these items and call customer service to order.
- Allow the pressure washer to “cool down” for 30 minutes before storing the machine
- Make sure the on/off switch and fuel valve are in the OFF position
- Disconnect the water connection
- Empty water from all hoses, fuel tank, and the detergent bucket before storing
- Empty the pump by pulling on the starter grip and rope about 6 times
- Drain the lubricant and replace with fresh, clean lubricant
- Disconnect spark plug wire and remove the spark plug. Pour about a teaspoon of clean, air-cooled, four-cycle lubricant through the spark plug hole into the combustion chamber
- Leaving the spark plug out, pull the starter cord two or three times to coat the inside of the cylinder wall
- Inspect the spark plug and clean or replace, as necessary
- Reinstall the spark plug, but leave the spark plug wire disconnected
- Clean the air filter
- Extend the recoil starter rope to check its condition. If the rope is frayed, have it replaced immediately by an authorized service center.
- Remove all hoses. Coil the hoses and store as shown. Do not allow the hose to become kinked
- Pull the handle release knob out and lower the handle to the down position
- Store the unit and accessories in an area that does not reach freezing temperatures and or sources of heat that could dry out the pump seals.
How do I connect the nozzle to the trigger handle on my pressure washer? (RY80940)
WARNING: NEVER change nozzles without locking the lock out on the trigger handle. NEVER point the wand at your face or at others.
To connect the nozzle to the trigger handle:
- Turn off the pressure washer and shut off the water supply
- Pull trigger to release water pressure
- Use the lock out on the trigger handle by pushing up on the lock out until it clicks into the slot
- Push the nozzle into the quick-connect collar until it clicks in place and is secured properly
How do I disconnect the nozzle to the trigger handle on my pressure washer? (RY80940)
To disconnect the nozzle from the trigger handle once the cleaning job is complete:
- Turn off the pressure washer and shut off the water supply
- Pull trigger to release water pressure
- Press the lock out on the trigger handle until it clicks into the slot
- Remove the nozzle by placing hand over nozzle then pulling back the quick-connect collar
How do I use the 5-in-1 change over nozzle? (RY80940)
There are five spray pattern settings located on the 5-in-1 Change Over Nozzle.
- To select a spray pattern, rotate the spray selector to the desired setting
NOTE: If you do not know which nozzle to use refer to the Nozzle Selection Guide
How do I add soap to the pressure washer? (RY80940)
NOTE: As sold, this unit is designed for use with “downstream” pressure washer detergents. To convert for use with “upstream” detergents, contact an authorized customer service center for more information.
WARNING: Use only detergents designed for pressure washers; using other solutions not designated for pressure washers can damage the pump. Many detergents may require mixing prior to use so refer to the instructions on the solution bottle to prepare certain cleaning solution
- Remove the cap from the detergent tank and pour pressure washer detergent in the tank
- Replace cap on tank
- Install 5-in-1 Change Over Nozzle (if necessary).
- Rotate the spray selector on the nozzle to either the blue short range detergent or blue long range detergent setting
- Squeeze the trigger and wait approximately 5 seconds for the detergent to appear
- Spray the detergent on a dry surface using long, even, overlapping strokes
What steps need to be taken for long range detergent application? (RY80940)
For long range detergent application:
- With the nozzle installed on the spray wand and the engine shut off, rotate the spray selector to the long range detergent setting
What steps need to be taken for short range detergent application? (RY80940)
For short range detergent application:
- With the nozzle installed on the spray wand and the engine shut off, rotate the spray selector to the short range detergent setting
Before shutting off the engine:
- Fill the detergent tank with clean water
- Spray the clear water through the spray wand until the tank is empty
- If any soap remains in the spray, repeat with a second tank of clean water
- Shut off the engine
NOTE: Shutting OFF (O) the engine WILL NOT relieve pressure in the system. You must pull the trigger to release water pressure
NOTE: The machine setting of this unit is 20:1, which usually allows the use of 1 gallon pressure washer detergent without further dilution. Check your detergent instructions to be sure additional dilution is not necessary.
How do I connect the high pressure hose setting? (RY80940)
- Make sure the high pressure hose is uncoiled and straighten
- Align the collar on the threaded nipple on the pump
- Insert the nozzle on the end of the high pressure hose collar into the threaded nipple
- Turn the collar clockwise to tighten the hose securely to the pump
NOTE: Be careful to avoid cross-threading, which can cause the hose to leak during use
- Pull on the hose to be certain it is properly secured.
How do I connect the garden hose to the pressure washer? (RY80940)
NOTICE: Always observe all local regulations when connecting hoses to the water main. Some areas have restrictions against connecting directly to public drinking water supply to prevent the feedback of chemicals into the drinking water supply. Direct connection through a receiver tank or backflow preventer is usually permitted.
NOTE: The water supply must come from a water main. NEVER use hot water or water from pools, lakes, etc.
Before connecting the garden hose to the pressure washer:
- Run water through the hose for 30 seconds to clean any debris from the hose
- Inspect the screen in the water intake
- If the screen is damaged, do not use the machine until the screen has been replaced
- If the screen is dirty, clean it before connecting the garden hose to the machine
To connect the garden hose to the machine:
- Completely uncoil the garden hose or remove completely from reel to prevent kinks
NOTE: There must be a minimum of 10 feet of unrestricted hose between the pressure washer intake and the hose faucet or shut off valve (such as a “Y” shut off connector).
- With the hose faucet turned completely off, attach the end of the garden hose to the water intake. Tighten by hand.
NOTICE: Do not run the pressure washer pump without water supply connected and turned on, as this may damage the high pressure seals and decrease pump life. Completely unwind the hose from its reel or coil and make sure the hose is not being restricted by objects that may lessen or prevent water flow to the pressure washer
How do I prevent damage from the high pressure hose outer covering? (RY80940)
The high pressure hose features an outer covering that provides strength to the hose. If the outer covering becomes damaged, the hose must be replaced immediately.
WARNING: Do not use a high pressure hose if the outer covering is damaged
To prevent damage to the outer covering:
- Inspect the hose before every use
- Fully unwrap and straighten hose before use
- Do not allow the high pressure hose to be kinked
- Keep hose away from hot surfaces and sharp edges
- Do not pull unit by high pressure hose
- Do not allow hose to be crushed or wrapped around objects
3100 PSI Gas Pressure Washer - Model RY80940B
3100 PSI Pressure Washer - Model RY80940 Series, RY80940B
Click the link below to access outdoor products replacement parts schematics and order parts online.
For those customers that prefer ordering by phone, simply contact the Ryobi master parts distributor at toll free 1-877-545-4110, and place your order over the phone.Visit Ryobi Outdoor Parts Store