- Engine: 2 stroke Top Mounted Low Emission Engine
- Trigger: Variable speed throttle
- Attachment Coupler: Universal attachment coupler
- Weight: 8.7 lb.
2 Cycle Replacement Power Head
Model: #RY28100 | Home Depot Sku #: RY28005Buy at The Home Depot
The RYOBI 2 Cycle Replacement Power Head is the perfect tool to power your Expand-It universal lawn and garden attachments. Quickly click any of the nine universal attachments onto the 2 cycle low emission power head and you are on your way to a manicured yard. Use the replacement power head to upgrade the dated unit you already have or as a way to join the Expand-It system. Backed by a RYOBI 3 year warranty, the RYOBI 2 Cycle replacement power head is the tool to add to your shed.
Powerful 2 Cycle low emission engine
Powers Universal Attachments
*Attachments sold separately*
- Replacement Power Head
- Ergonomic front handle
- 2 stroke/cycle lubricant
- Operator’s manual
How do I attach the front handle to my RYOBI Gas String Trimmer?
- Remove the wing nut, washer, and bolt from the front handle.
- Install the front handle onto the top side of the drive shaft housing in the area indicated by the label.
NOTE: The open side of the handle should face the user
- Place the bolt through the front handle
NOTE: the hex bolt head fits inside the hex recess molded into one side of the handle.
- Reinstall the washer and wing nut.
- Tighten wing nut securely.
How do I install my attachment to my RYOBI Power Head?
- Stop the engine and disconnect the spark plug (if using a RYOBI Gas Power Head); remove the battery (if using the RYOBI 40V Power Head).
- Loosen the knob on the coupler of the power head shaft and remove the end cap from the attachment (black rubber piece with loop hole for hanging).
- Push in the silver button located on the attachment shaft. Align the button with the guide recess on the Power Head coupler and slide the two shafts together. Rotate the attachment shaft until the button locks into the positioning hole.
NOTE: If the button does not release completely in the positioning hole, the shafts are not locked into place. Slightly rotate from side to side until the button is locked into place.
- Tighten the knob securely.
How do I remove the attachment from my RYOBI Power Head?
- Stop the engine and disconnect the spark plug (if a gas unit), remove the battery (if using RYOBI 40V Power Head)
- Loosen the knob at the connection point
- Push in the button and twist the shafts to remove and separate the Power Head from the Attachment
How do I start my RYOBI 2 Cycle String Trimmer?
To start a cold engine:
- Slowly press the primer bulb 10 times.
- Set the choke lever to the START (A) position.
- Squeeze the throttle trigger fully and pull the starter handle until the engine runs. Do not pull the start grim more than six (6) times.
NOTE: Keep the throttle trigger squeezed fully through remaining steps. If the engine does not start, start over at the first step with pressing the primer bulb.
- Allow the engine to run for 10 second, then set the choke lever to the RUN (B) position.
To start a warm engine:
Slowly press the primer bulb 10 times.
Set the choke lever to the RUN (B) position.
Squeeze the throttle trigger fully and pull the starter handle until the engine runs.
How do I stop my RYOBI Gas String Trimmer?
To stop the engine, depress the STOP switch to the stop position
How should I store my 2 Cycle Gas String Trimmer?
- Clean all foreign material from the product. Store idle unit in a garage or shed in a dry, well-ventilated area that is inaccessible to children. Keep away from corrosive agents such as garden chemicals and de-icing salts. Abide by all local regulations for the safe store and handling of gasoline
When storing 1 month or longer:
- Drain all fuel from string trimmer tank into a container approved for gasoline. Run engine until it stops
Click the link below to access outdoor products replacement parts schematics and order parts online.
For those customers that prefer ordering by phone, simply contact the Ryobi master parts distributor at toll free 1-877-545-4110, and place your order over the phone.Visit Ryobi Outdoor Parts Store