A year ago we sold my son's play set. There were 2 A-frames, one for his swings and one for my wife's favorite porch swing. Since the play set had been sold, the swing sat on the ground. I found a few pictures of arbors for the porch swing, one in particular, my wife fell in love with. I bought the materials, clear coated the wood, then got to digging. Two 16 inch wide holes, 3 feet deep, by hand, in clay. 400 pounds of concrete in each hole, now we mean business. I started to hang the cross member, drilled my first hole with my Ryobi 18volt cordless drill. Grabbed a hex bolt, pounded it into the hole, then nothing came out the other side. I used 6x6 posts with 2x8 cross members, bought 8 inch bolts. I did not take into account for the 2nd cross member, off to the store I go. I bought the right bolts this time, drilled my second hole and burned up a drill. Good thing I have another one! All in all, everything turned out great. Now to refinish the swing.