1. You must prepare the cabinets by sanding them down. It is much easier if you remove the doors and hardware first by using a drill but it's optional.
2. Paint with a layer of chalk paint wax. Chalk paint is thicker than regular house paint or acrylics.
3. Paint with however many layers of white chalk paint perfered. Mine cabinets took 2-3 coats each.
4. I modge podged a light blue background to the center of each cabinet.
5. By using a drill, replace your cabinets and hardware if they were once removed.
6. Remove regular blinds or curtains to window and add lace ones.