Crown Molding Addition
After we enclosed our dining room to be the new playroom, we decided to carry the existing crown molding inside and outside the room. We contacted the contractor that built our house to get the proper profile and materials for our existing molding. It turned out to be poplar trim and a dark stain. We have the boxes in the corners and wanted to replicate this inside the room. It turns out that the builder actually made them out of 1x6 trim and small pieces of the crown. This was by far the hardest part of the job, mostly because each box had to be made by hand and cutting the mitered corners was challenging with such small pieces.
All said and done, we got the results we were looking for. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the process. This was mostly due to me doing the work by myself and it being really hard to balance an 8 foot section of trim and take a picture at the same time.