Upstairs Renovation with Chimney Removal
This was my first major solo diy project. My parents house has a finished attic that had old paneling and a non functioning closed off chimney in the middle of the room, connected with a small wall. To make this space more functional, I removed the paneling, the chimney below the floor and finished off the dry wall underneath the paneling. I mudded, taped, sanded, textured and painted all walls and refinished old trim. I built and added a custom baby/pet gate at the top of the stairs. I changed out old light fixtures for new ones. I scraped the out dated "popcorn" textured ceiling. The space is open and much more functional now. This was a great experience opportunity and I look forward to my next diy project.