Plastic Bottle Greenhouse
I got this idea from my mother in law. Seemed like a simple project, but the hardest part was drilling a
hole in each cap, removing the label, and cutting off the bottom of each bottle. Thanks to everybody at
work that contributed their bottles to the cause! I screwed the floor to the concrete blocks, and used
the existing shed as extra support. All the framing was 2x4. The greenhouse measures 7x7, and just
over 6' tall. I took off some clear panels that were on the carport, and used them for the roof.
With the gaps, the temp does not get too high for the seed trays, but it is more humid, which they
like. You can see from the pictures, I ran a length of 20ga wire from top to bottom, and slid the
bottles onto the wire. It is tied at the bottom with a 3/4" fencing staple and after drilling a hole in the
2x4 at the top, pulled tight, and wrapped the wire around a nail. Each vertical row of bottles is wired
to the one beside it. This gives a bit more stability. The project was fun to do, and it was different. It also
gives me somewhere to keep the seed trays out of the rain.