With Halloween just around the corner I thought I would try something new for my decorations this year. I used a combination of images from Pinterest to put together this reaper tombstone holder. I'm working on a couple more decorations and will post when complete.
The chicken wire frame was covered with a layer of muslin and I used small pieces of wire to attach the cloth. I used a "monster mud" recipe from Pinterest to cover the cloth. The mud consists of 1 part latex paint and 5 parts joint compound (I used lightweight compound). After two layers of mud, the entire piece was painted with masonry waterproofing (dry loc). The last coats consisted of spray paint to give it some depth.