This video is the property of Tom Nardone. Tom is a professional and this video was made for demonstration purposes only. This video is provided for the sole purpose of giving you creative ideas for carving a pumpkin. When using a power tool always use the proper safety equipment and follow the operator's manual.
Prior to getting started please read the following safety rules:
* Participants must be at least 18. Children should not be close to the carving station.
* Carve on a non-slip surface.
* Participants and bystanders should wear eye protection with side shields marked to comply with ANSI Z87.1. This marking will be on one of the stems of the glasses or possibly one of the lenses and means that the lenses and stems have met the testing standards for impact resistance and breakage.
* Do not wear loose clothing (shirt tail hanging out, sleeves that are blousey) or jewelry.
* Long hair must be pulled back and kept off shoulders.
* After each carve, turn off the tool, wipe your hands and tool with a dry cloth for a more secure grip.
Once you have purchased a pumpkin from your local Home Depot, take a dry erase marker and outline your desired pumpkin design.
Make sure you have removed the top of the pumpkin and cleaned it out/let it dry prior to using your RYOBI power tools for carving.
Use a RYOBI JobPlus multi-tool to carve your pumpkin design. (Note: Jigsaw not recommended.)
Use your RYOBI drill & accessory of choice to help design the eyes or additional creative elements.
Wipe your pumpkin clean and proudly display it on your porch!
Check out the RYOBI Nation Contest tab for a chance at winning some RYOBI tools for your creative pumpkin design!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest begins October 1, 2013 and ends October 31, 2013. All entries must be received by October 31, 2013 at 11 a.m. EST. By entering this contest, you agree that you have read and will comply with the Official Rules. Open to legal U.S. & DC residents 18 and older. Void outside U.S. and where prohibited. Sponsor: One World Technologies, Inc., 1428 Pearman Dairy Road, Anderson, SC 29625.