The “RYOBI Nation Airstrike Stapler Sweepstakes”back to Table of Contents
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not improve your chance of winning. Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Sponsors, Techtronic Industries North America, Inc., (“TTINA”) and The Home Depot U.S.A., Inc., and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes starts Saturday, February 1, 2014, and ends Friday, February 28, 2014. There will be one grand prize winner drawn at the conclusion of the contest.
Entries must be submitted prior to midnight EST on Friday, February 28, 2014 to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Upon submission, entries shall become the property of Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Sponsors reserve the right to use your entry and any comments or images submitted in future marketing campaigns. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received prior to the respective Sweepstakes drawing. To enter, you must complete all fields on the Nation member entry form and use the promotion code stapler. Each entry will be valid for the duration of the Sweepstakes. Incomplete, garbled or inaccurate entries are ineligible. One grand prize winner will be randomly selected on or about March 7, 2014 at the conclusion of the sweepstakes (1 grand prize winner.) Grand Prize winner will receive: Ryobi 18-Volt One+ Lithium-Ion Upgrade Kit P128 APR $59.97 and Ryobi 18-Volt One+ 18-Gauge Cordless Narrow Crown Stapler P360 APR $139 or substitution of equal or greater value as determined solely by Sponsor.
Winners will be required to provide full name and street address, sign an affidavit of eligibility, a release and a Publicity Release, where permitted. Winner is not entitled to exchange, transfer the prize or obtain a cash substitute. Prize includes shipping and handling. All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. If any winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days of first notification attempt, by phone or email, if any winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person or household. Sponsor is located at 1428 Pearman Dairy Road, Anderson, SC 29625. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes at anytime in its sole discretion.
By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by Sweepstakes rules and by decisions of judges, which are final as to all Sweepstakes-related matters. In addition, by participating in this Sweepstakes and accepting any prize that may be won, entrants agree to release the Sponsor, its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and the officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees of each (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prize. Entrants also authorize the Released Parties to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data and city and state of residence in programming or promotional material or on a winner’s list (if applicable) without further compensation unless prohibited by law. These official rules and the interpretation of its terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of laws rules. The parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
Sponsor is not responsible for failed, partial or garbled electronic transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall not be liable for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web-site.
The “RYOBI Monthly Project” Contestback to Table of Contents
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States.
1. How to Enter. To enter the Contest, complete the online entry form (including your name, mailing address, phone number, birth date (including age), email address, description of your project and select a category (each, a "Category") for your project based on its degree of difficulty. An "easy" project should require less than ten (10) hours and a small amount of tools to complete (e.g. a birdhouse or wheel chair ramp). An "intermediate" project should require between ten (10) hours and twenty (20) hours and several different tools and supplies to complete (e.g. remolding a bathroom or finishing a porch). An "advanced" project should require more than twenty (20) hours, multiple people, several power and hand tools as well as numerous supplies and building materials (e.g. restoring a restaurant or house). You must be a member of Ryobi Nation in order to enter and/or vote in the Contest. To sign up for a free membership, visit Sponsor's registration page located at https://www.ryobitools.com/nation/account/new and submit the requested information.
All entry information and submissions shall be collectively referred to herein as the "Submissions" or each as a "Submission." Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum voting criteria. All Submissions will be posted on Sponsor's gallery located at www.ryobitools.com/nation. By entering, you hereby grant Sponsor permission to display your Submission on Sponsor's gallery.
Submission must be at least one (1) photograph of a completed project along with a description of the project depicted in the photograph. Multiple photographs are encouraged, but not required. Photographs may not exceed four (4) megabytes (MB) and they must be in JPEG format. Descriptions may not exceed three hundred (300) characters. Entrants ARE NOT required to use Ryobi tools or products as part of their projects.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission is entrant's own creation and is 100% original; (c) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (d) any third party whose person or property appears in the Submission has given entrant appropriate written consent (which shall be provided to Sponsor upon request thereof) for such person or property to be filmed and used as permitted herein.
All entrants must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Submissions, become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Submissions for any reason, including without limitation, for not complying with rules, depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language.
2. Start/End Dates. Contest begins on August 1, 2012 and ends on July 31, 2013 (the "Contest Period").
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of One World Technologies, Inc. ("Sponsor") and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and Contest agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Voting/Voting Criteria. Each member may vote for one (1) Submission in each Category per day at Sponsor's gallery. At the end of each respective month, the votes will be tallied and a potential winner will be selected in each of the three Categories: easy, intermediate, and advanced. The voting window for each month's winners will close at midnight EST on the last day of the respective month. All non-winning Submissions will carry over from month to month, although, prior votes for non-winning Submissions will not carry over from month to month. Submissions should be judged based on the following criteria: appearance, craftsmanship, and originality. Subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules, the highest scoring Submission in each Category each month will be deemed the potential First Prize winner. At least three (3) potential First Prize winners will be chosen each month. In the event of a tie, the Sponsor in its sole discretion shall choose the potential First Prize winner based on the criteria outlined above.
5. Grand Prize Winner. One potential (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected by the members at the conclusion of the Contest Period. The Grand Prize winner will be selected from all First Prize winners on or about August 31, 2013. Each member may vote for one potential (1) Grand Prize winner per day from the conclusion of the Contest Period through August 31, 2013. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
6. Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize will receive a tool package with an approximate retail value ("ARV") of $2500. Thirty-six (36) First Prizes in each Category will each receive a tool package with an ARV of $500. ARV of all prizes combined: $20,500. Prize(s) is/are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All unspecified expenses and taxes are the responsibility of winner(s).
7. Notification. Potential winners will be notified by email on or about the first business day of the respective month following the month in which they are selected, or for the Grand Prize winner on or about September 1, 2013, and will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within seven (7) days of prize notification. Additionally, winners may be required to obtain releases from any and all third parties appearing in their respective Submissions. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If any winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. Conditions. Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible in the event any winner's Submission is not used for any reason. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and acceptance of these Official Rules constitutes each entrant's permission for Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, and or parent companies to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its partners and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the "Released Entities"), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
9. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED ENTITIES' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
11. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of South Carolina. THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in the State of South Carolina. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
13. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2013, to: One World Technologies, Inc., Attn: RYOBI Monthly Project Contest, 1428 Pearman Dairy Road, Anderson, SC 29625.
14. Sponsor. One World Technologies, Inc., 1428 Pearman Dairy Road, Anderson, SC 29625.
Effective Date: February 22, 2013
TTHESE TERMS ARE NOT INTENDED TO AND DO NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER PROMISES RELATED TO ANY PRODUCTS THAT MAY BE IDENTIFIED OR DISCUSSED ON THIS SITE. ANY AND ALL PRODUCT WARRANTIES, IF ANY, SHALL BE PROVIDED WITH OR AS A PART OF ANY SUCH PRODUCT.
ALL PRODUCTS SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS SPECIFIED IN THE MATERIALS FURNISHED WITH THE PRODUCTS AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN ANY MANNER OTHER THAN SPECIFIED IN SUCH MATERIALS. YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY POSTED USER CONTENT AND ANY PROJECT PLANS, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Registered and common law trademarks and service marks of the Company or any of our licensors may not be copied or used in any manner without written authorization from us.
User Communications and User Content Posted on the Site
You agree not to: (a) use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or "scrape" the Site or any of its content for any purpose or frame the Site; (b) collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from the Site, including, without limitation, user names and e-mail addresses; (c) attempt to or interfere with the proper working of the Site or impair, overburden, or disable the same; (d) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify or attempt to discover any Site source or object code or any software or other products, services or processes accessible through any portion of the Site; (e) use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from the Site; or (f) transfer, sell or assign your user name and/or password or your access to the Site. The limitation in (a) shall not apply to public search engine operators using automatic devices to copy content from the Site for the sole purpose of creating a searchable index of the Site that is available to the public. We reserve the right to revoke this permission at any time.
Linking to Our Site
We allow you to link to the home page of our Site from any site you own or control that is not competitive with our Site and does not criticize or otherwise injure us, so long as the linking site complies with all applicable laws and does not conflict with our business objectives, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Allowing you to link to our Site does not constitute an endorsement of your site or any goods or services you may offer. We reserve the right to prohibit linking to our Site for any reason, in our sole discretion.
Links to Other Sites
This Site may contain links to other web sites ("Third Party Sites") as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the "Third Party Content"). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through this Site or any Third Party Content posted on, available through or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Content. With respect to those sites and content, we assume no liability, and do not endorse or make any representations about any information, products, or services associated with those sites or content, or any results that may be obtained from using such sites or content. Your access and use of such third party sites and content, and use of any information obtained as a result of that access, is at your sole risk.
We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and in our discretion, terminate the rights of any user to use the Site (or any part thereof) who infringes the intellectual property rights of others. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or are aware of someone doing so, please contact us and include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on this Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the material on the Site; (d) your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address; (e) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement by you that the information in your notification is accurate, and that you attest under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices with respect to this website should be sent to our designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement:
Attention: Privacy Officer
One World Technologies, Inc. d/b/a Ryobi Power Tools
1428 Pearman Dairy Road
Anderson, South Carolina 29625
Some features of the Site may be available through your mobile device. If you elect to use mobile services from our Site, you are responsible for all data charges and fees that may be assessed by your carrier and for insuring the compatibility of the mobile service with your mobile device. By electing to use the mobile services, you consent to our communicating by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means with your mobile device.
We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site; any failures, delays, or interruptions in the delivery of any content contained on the site; any losses or damages arising from the use of the content provided on the Site; or any conduct by users of the Site. Furthermore, we are not responsible or liable in any manner for any User Content, Third Party Content, or Third Party Sites posted on the Site, whether posted or caused by users of the Site, by third parties, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Site, or your use or reliance on any User Content, Third Party Content, or Third Party Sites. We do not control and are not responsible for what users post, transmit or share on the Site and are not responsible for any inaccurate, offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content you may encounter on the Site or in connection with any User Content, Third Party Content, or Third Party Site.
THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICE, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We may make changes to the Site and the information contained within it or any Site-related service at any time without notice. Some information and Site-related services may be out of date or contain inaccuracies or errors. We make no guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site or the information presented on or through the Site and makes no commitment to update or correct the information obtained through or presented on this Site.
Limitation of Liability
WE ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE AND/OR SITE-RELATED SERVICES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES.
Revisions to the Terms
Effective Date: February 23, 2012
1. Types of Information Collected
a. Traffic Data Collected. We automatically track and collect the following information when you visit our Site, including your: (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of computer; (iv) type of web browser; and (v) other logs (collectively "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Site. We also use "cookies" to customize content specific to your interests and to store your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site.
b. Personal Information Collected. In order for you to access certain services and to purchase products that we offer via the Site, we require you to provide us with information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information may include: (i) Contact Data (such as your name, mailing and e-mail addresses); (ii) Demographic Data (such as your city, state, zip code, area code, gender, age, purchase history, income, hobbies and interests); and (iii) Product Ownership Data (such as products you own, product model numbers, serial numbers, and places of purchase). If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to our Site, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
2. Uses of Information Collected
We use Contact Data and/or Product Ownership Data to send you information about our company or our products or services, or to contact you when necessary. We will direct electronic communications to your email address. We use your Demographic Data and/or Product Ownership Data to customize and tailor your experience on the Site and to assist us in product development and marketing. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates. We may also share your Personal Information with third parties as required for them to provide services to us, such as hosting services and marketing services. If you participate in any contests or sweepstakes, we will use your Contact Data to notify you regarding your participation in and/or the winning of the contest or sweepstakes. Your Contact Data may also be used by our retail partners for this same purpose.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We share Demographic Data and Product Ownership Data with our retail partners and other third parties only on an aggregate basis. We do not share Contact Data with other companies, other than subsidiary or affiliated companies or other companies that are providing us services related to the purpose for which you provided the information.
4. User Choice Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Personal Information
You must provide us with your Contact Data and Product Ownership Data in order to register the products you have purchased. You may choose not to provide us with any Demographic Data. In such an event, you can still access and use much of the Site; however you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Site that require your Demographic Data. If you do not wish to receive information and promotional material from Ryobi, you may select the appropriate "opt-out" option in the product registration process.
5. Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
6. User Ability to Access, Update and Correct Personal Information
In order to ensure that all of your Personal Information is correct and up-to-date, at any time you may visit the Site, log in and select the "My Profile" option. Through your personal profile you may review and update your Personal Information that we have already collected or elect to deactivate your Site account. When you deactivate your Site account, we will not use your Contact Data to send you additional promotional or marketing material. Once you deactivate your Site account, neither you nor Ryobi customer service will have access to the information you supplied in the product registration or support request process.
7. Other Limits to Your Privacy
8. Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information from online visitors under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly allow visitors under the age of 13 to participate in any of our promotions or contests.
9. Business Transition
In the event our company goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California, under certain provisions of the California Civil Code, have the right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed certain personally identifiable information as defined under California law during the preceding year for third party direct marketing purposes. You are limited to one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may request the information in writing at:
One World Technologies, Inc.
Attention: Customer Service
1428 Pearman Dairy Road
Anderson, South Carolina 29625
11. Consent to Transfer Information to the United States
The Site is operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Website or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer and processing of your information in the United States.
13. Further Information
Customer Service: Contact Customer Service
One World Technologies, Inc.
1428 Pearman Dairy Road
Anderson, South Carolina 29625