- Torque Wrench
- Socket Wrench with 12 mm and 14 mm sockets and 6 mm HEX Bit
- Tire Pressure Gauge
- Remove the bolts securing each corner brace to the frame bottom, then lift the corner braces to remove.
- Remove the bolts securing each wheel strap to the frame bottom, then lift straps off wheels to remove.
- Remove boxes containing loose parts, assembly hardware, and documentation.
- Remove and set aside all accessible packaging and wrap from unit and parts. Do not discard the packing material until you have carefully inspected and satisfactorily operated the product.
- If any parts are damaged or missing, please call 1-800-860-4050 for assistance.
INSTALL THE SEAT
- Remove bolts and flange nuts from seat mounting brackets.
- Place the seat assembly over the mounting brackets and align holes as shown.
- Reinstall bolts and flange nuts and tighten securely.
- Route seat safety interlock cable through hole in wiring cover, then attach to plug on mower.
- Reinstall wiring cover and make sure it is securely seated.
ASSEMBLE THE STEERING COLUMN
- Install the upper steering shaft into the coupler, rotating as needed to align hole in shaft with bolt hole in coupler.
- Install two bolts and tighten securely. Torque to 6 ft.lbs.
- Insert steering column over shaft. Note the tabs on the bottom of the steering column that fit into the holes in the opening and make sure steering column is securely seated.
- Install the steering column cover so that it is seated securely. The upper steering shaft will protrude through the opening in the cover.
- Install the flange washer (flange up), the spring, the second flange washer (flange down), and the steering wheel hub onto the upper steering shaft.
- Make sure the mower’s wheels are pointed straight ahead, then install the steering wheel over the wheel hub.
- Install the flat washer and flange nut; tighten securely. Torque nut to 6 ft. lbs.
- Install the steering wheel cover.
INSTALLING THE BUMPER
- Remove the flange nuts and hex head bolts securing the bumper cover to the mower frame.
- Install the bumper into the openings at the front of the mower frame as shown.
- Align the holes in the bumper, the mower frame, and the bumper cover. Reinstall the hex head bolts and flange nuts and tighten securely.
CHECK TIRE PRESSURE
- Check the air pressure in all tires before use. Improper air pressure will affect handling, steering response, traction, tire life, level cutting, and operator comfort. Be sure tires are inflated to 20 psi (137.9 kpa).
CHARGE THE MOWER
- Insert charger plug into charging port on mower, making sure it is properly connected.
- Connect charger to power supply using normal household current of 120 V, AC only, 60 Hz.
- Do not charge in an area of extreme heat or cold.
- Remove the charger from the mower once it is fully charged and ready for use.
TEST THE SAFETY INTERLOCK SYSTEM
- Make sure direction control switch is in neutral (N) position and blade engage knob is down.
- Install start key and turn to ON position.
- Raise blade engage knob to activate blades.
- Briefly lift off the seat, but do not get off the mower.