Return to Projects Listing
Large 487ad551 35fc 410e a34a c76f641ef33e
Large a449f519 d8c8 4009 aea4 5d4424318f47
Large 8008f128 7cd1 4670 801c 3f112e07eeb2
Large bba85733 24f8 49c1 8ce0 9854429a86d6
Large 55709cdd 20c1 4a77 8e02 1440a86666ed
Large c9c8f722 0164 4d0e 8d01 88e16c332f23
Large cff51a49 c44c 4e6d 83a2 808d3172aa3b
Large 01f0aa3c 8d56 4754 87c7 d21a70e8df9f
Large 082ee158 cb2c 4b5b bbb4 a85b6d1fd25b
Large ac5896df 56eb 47e5 8292 9ebdac747cf6
Large d9bf9ec1 884a 4336 b8b3 7446d8ac07fb
Large 0d07142d b857 4750 91f4 474fc89872ac
Large 80f3af1e 8635 4e8e 9101 af48f9e23c77
Large 71909713 c167 4b69 beb8 a22979aa76fc
Large bd220f82 50df 4396 bc4c 593badee13e9
Large 49e2dc67 b611 4e75 8d36 7eb1daeebdce
Large d2f97204 2943 4adc b831 fba27274bce0
  • Medium 487ad551 35fc 410e a34a c76f641ef33e
  • Medium a449f519 d8c8 4009 aea4 5d4424318f47
  • Medium 8008f128 7cd1 4670 801c 3f112e07eeb2
  • Medium bba85733 24f8 49c1 8ce0 9854429a86d6
  • Medium 55709cdd 20c1 4a77 8e02 1440a86666ed
  • Medium c9c8f722 0164 4d0e 8d01 88e16c332f23
  • Medium cff51a49 c44c 4e6d 83a2 808d3172aa3b
  • Medium 01f0aa3c 8d56 4754 87c7 d21a70e8df9f
  • Medium 082ee158 cb2c 4b5b bbb4 a85b6d1fd25b
  • Medium ac5896df 56eb 47e5 8292 9ebdac747cf6
  • Medium d9bf9ec1 884a 4336 b8b3 7446d8ac07fb
  • Medium 0d07142d b857 4750 91f4 474fc89872ac
  • Medium 80f3af1e 8635 4e8e 9101 af48f9e23c77
  • Medium 71909713 c167 4b69 beb8 a22979aa76fc
  • Medium bd220f82 50df 4396 bc4c 593badee13e9
  • Medium 49e2dc67 b611 4e75 8d36 7eb1daeebdce
  • Medium d2f97204 2943 4adc b831 fba27274bce0

Plastic Bottle Greenhouse

I got this idea from my mother in law. Seemed like a simple project, but the hardest part was drilling a
hole in each cap, removing the label, and cutting off the bottom of each bottle. Thanks to everybody at
work that contributed their bottles to the cause! I screwed the floor to the concrete blocks, and used
the existing shed as extra support. All the framing was 2x4. The greenhouse measures 7x7, and just
over 6' tall. I took off some clear panels that were on the carport, and used them for the roof.
With the gaps, the temp does not get too high for the seed trays, but it is more humid, which they
like. You can see from the pictures, I ran a length of 20ga wire from top to bottom, and slid the
bottles onto the wire. It is tied at the bottom with a 3/4" fencing staple and after drilling a hole in the
2x4 at the top, pulled tight, and wrapped the wire around a nail. Each vertical row of bottles is wired
to the one beside it. This gives a bit more stability. The project was fun to do, and it was different. It also
gives me somewhere to keep the seed trays out of the rain.

Comments (2)


Small no avatar
Norman5504

Wow what a great idea, well done



Large no avatar

Farmer Giles

All Projects | Profile


  • share

Project Information

Difficulty: Intermediate
Category: Exterior Spaces, Other

also by Farmer Giles


Related Projects


Recently Viewed Projects