Return to Projects Listing
Large e163a072 dd17 4ed0 aa91 804848fd76ff
Large ff9022f3 86a3 4ec6 9604 c6eee908394a
Large 0dba1f82 57ca 4659 9df0 cee803d79de6
Large 9daae338 c08c 4139 b58d c3fb5f526169
Large 46c3a9dd f373 4a69 b552 afed78c5ea79
Large 5006cda1 c580 40c3 8ce1 fa2d7bd3d447
Large 4d871df6 eda3 4322 9ec1 988059b5686a
Large 1f983bfc f51b 4a86 8dfe b9ca9b3f7ffd
Large 6e21c18a f3b7 4c30 9912 bfefa79d3a8a
Large 6dc0d6d6 916d 4ec3 9c28 6926ca208118
Large 76f18909 2a01 41d4 8123 0ca87b949efb
Large 8bbed467 5e77 4fd6 b765 8d33b1ed46a1
Large 4ebbe152 7d6a 4e68 b5b2 f8d23de013da
Large 337643af 747e 4102 8962 92158168e32c
Large 691010df b915 4bbb 8425 ef7a515f0698
Large fb73bbbf db7d 4e42 aa90 f9856c529b86
  • Medium e163a072 dd17 4ed0 aa91 804848fd76ff
  • Medium ff9022f3 86a3 4ec6 9604 c6eee908394a
  • Medium 0dba1f82 57ca 4659 9df0 cee803d79de6
  • Medium 9daae338 c08c 4139 b58d c3fb5f526169
  • Medium 46c3a9dd f373 4a69 b552 afed78c5ea79
  • Medium 5006cda1 c580 40c3 8ce1 fa2d7bd3d447
  • Medium 4d871df6 eda3 4322 9ec1 988059b5686a
  • Medium 1f983bfc f51b 4a86 8dfe b9ca9b3f7ffd
  • Medium 6e21c18a f3b7 4c30 9912 bfefa79d3a8a
  • Medium 6dc0d6d6 916d 4ec3 9c28 6926ca208118
  • Medium 76f18909 2a01 41d4 8123 0ca87b949efb
  • Medium 8bbed467 5e77 4fd6 b765 8d33b1ed46a1
  • Medium 4ebbe152 7d6a 4e68 b5b2 f8d23de013da
  • Medium 337643af 747e 4102 8962 92158168e32c
  • Medium 691010df b915 4bbb 8425 ef7a515f0698
  • Medium fb73bbbf db7d 4e42 aa90 f9856c529b86

Carport conversion to chicken coop

I had an unused 20x20 carport, and wanted to have chickens, so the wife and I started to enclose the
carport and have a 20x5 coop, 10x5 feed storage and a 20x10 general storage. I attached a 10x12
outside run for the chickies, we have twenty of them! The project took 3 months of working on my
days off, and also depended on having the money for materials.
The expensive part was the Hardi-board, at 30 bucks a sheet. A lot of other stuff I got on sale at Home
Depot. The exterior waterproof paint, some damaged but useable plywood for the floor, and the best
was a $600 arched window I paid $20 for. Score!
I used interior doors for access, and put in ventilation panels in the eaves. The overall project would
Not be difficult for an experienced handy person, but I did leave the wiring for power and lights to
an electrician. The coop and feed areas have a particle board ceiling, which allows me to store
long lengths of lumber above, but out of the elements.
With using Ryobi tools for the job, my only problem was not having enough batteries. It's a pain running
back and forth forgetting to take out the battery from the last tool you used, but I found a coupon, and
got 2 compact li-ions with a new drill for $99. The tools themselves are great, I have used Ryobi tools
for years.


Related Projects


Recently Viewed Projects